Saturday 26 February 2011

iOS 5: Five Features We Would Like to See from Apple

Now that Apple’s iOS has some major competition when it comes to smartphone operating systems, what would we like to see the company to do to ensure that iOS 5 features stay ahead of Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7, HP’s webOS, and Google’s Android? Well, we’ve put together a list of 5 things we think Apple could change, improve, or introduce to iOS 5.

See what you think of our thoughts on iOS 5 and leave us a comment to let us know yours!

Notifications

Firstly, we think the way in which our iOS devices currently handle notifications should be a lot different. The current system, although not terrible, could be a much better. My biggest issue with notifications at the moment is a simple but frustrating one: if I receive a notification on my iPhone and I didn’t notice it pop up, when I next unlock my iPhone that notification disappears. 9 times out of 10 I unlock my device too quickly to even notice there was a notification, and once it’s gone, it can be nightmare to figure out what be iPhone was trying to tell me.

A system in which my notifications remain on my screen until I tap to remove them would be nice, or maybe another page to the left of my home screen

No comments:

Post a Comment